Working with fully insured moving services from London gives you the multiple benefits of coverage for accidental damages to your cargo during transit. You need to consult your moving service provider and provide the details of items to be covered under insurance. The experts from the service providers may visit your home and analyze the value of items, coverage scope and other parameters for evaluating the premium value. You need to make sure the coverage has options of liability for accidents, natural calamities, transit damages and others. Then the service providers will give you the quote for insurance premium, taxes and other related service charges. You need to complete all the formalities before the cargo is packed and loaded into the vans. One of the best service providers in London to offer fully insured moving services is Man and Van hire.
Packaging Parameters for Fully Insured Moving Services
- The packing standards specify that the boxes used should be strong enough to withstand the shocks and vibrations during transit. Most of the insurance companies insist that the packing be done according to ISPM-15 rules.
- Fragile materials have to be packed and stacked separately. Provision of cushioning materials like foam pads, bubble sheets and other protective fillers have to be according to the ISPM-15 rules.
- The thickness of carton boxes should be of minimum two layers. The usage of compact size boxes for heavier items and large size boxes for lighter items is recommended.
- If you are using wooden carton boxes, you need to make sure they are termite and insect proof. They need to have the tensile strength for supporting the enclosed items during transit.
- If you are transporting flammable materials along with the cargo, the insurance coverage will be considered not applicable. Most of the responsible fully insured moving services avoid carrying of such materials. You can refer to the ISPM-15 rules to know more about the applicable rules.
Value Declaration for Fully Insured Moving Services
- You need to declare the explicit value of the items (individually and totally) being insured. Parameters of consideration will be the age, usage pattern and the quality of the insured item.
- Depreciation of items will be considered if they have been subject to any form of repair or renovation.
- You need to read the exclusion clauses completely, which may include damages due to negligence, improper packing, lack of safety measures and others. Once you have understood the clauses completely, you can go ahead and choose the insurance option. Some of the insurance agencies may exclude terrorist attacks from the coverage. You need to be clear about the inclusions and exclusions before taking up the insurance option.
Benefits of Fully Insured Moving Services
If you have fully conformed to the terms and conditions from the moving company and the insurance agency, you may simply relax. The coverage will be able to provide you the right to claims against external causes of damage like floods, fire, tornado and other parameters which are included in the coverage.